My name is Karen.
I’ll be 40 this year. I have no clue where my 30’s went; but not in the same way I have no idea where my 20’s went. Life is fleeting.
My partner/other half/spouse and I are very happily un-married and we live in Nova Scotia with our almost 4 year old daughter Grace. This child never ceases to amaze me. She is smart, funny as hell and cute as a button.
Grace 16 months
For those who don’t know me here’s an overview of what makes me tick …
- I love to laugh. It’s my all time favorite hobby
- I personify procrastination. I often joke that I almost put off having a child too long – thing is, it’s pretty much true, Grace was very pleasant surprise.
- I’m ambitious, yet disorganized enough to always think I’ll have time to accomplish everything I want and need to do. My need to want to do everything means I sometimes don't finish things I start. (Just ask me about my stained glass lamp...)
- In true Gemini fashion and contrary to the past two points, I'm a closet perfectionist. I like neat kitchen cabinets and perfectly folded towels (we’re talking Sleeping with the Enemy neat). I will spend hours editing. I will put off chores and then spend an eternity getting things ‘just so’.
- I’m a half assed photographer/creative/artist type. I need a copy of myself to dedicate to this part of my life. It nourishes me. I’d do nothing but create if I could.
- Must haves in my life: good food, good company, good wine
- I love design: graphic, interior, eye candy in general
- I am agoraphobic. I am getting better, but bravery is hard sometimes.